Post 9127 Quick History
The Post was originally located at 3716 Beaver Avenue, the current driveway to the A&D Kwik Kar Wash. The cornerstone for the Urbandale Avenue location was laid in 1959. The members predominantly built the new building with only a small basement section of the original one-story wood home that stood on the lot remains.
Membership requirement is US military service on foreign soil during a war. Post 9127 has 587 members. Membership has increased each of the past 6 years. Recent new members include approximately 100 veterans, who served in Bosnia, Desert Storm, Kuwait, Iraq and Afghanistan. The Auxiliary has approximately 170 members.
Post activities include: Friday night dinners, Saturday breakfast & lunches, an ALL YOU CAN EAT Breakfast Buffet on every third Sunday, fish fry nights, wild game dinners, annual golf tournament in September, a June hog roast, and an August corn on the cob feast. The Post also participates in the Beaverdale Fall Festival and Parade.
Post 9127 is proud of their exceptional funeral detail. The Post also delivers Christmas baskets to needy Veterans, and provides flags to scout troops, nursing homes and schools.
They are very proud of the VFW youth program that includes: The Young American Creative Patriotic Art Contest, The Outstanding Young Volunteer of the Year Award, The Patriotic Pen, and The Voice of Democracy Program. Awards and scholarships are given on a local, district, state and national levels. Post 9127 helps special needs children in Beaverdale as well as supports Camp Sunnyside and Camp Courageous.